TruConnect APN settings are a must, and when your internet connections are not working, you will need to understand what all can go wrong and how you can fix them. If you have any such doubts, read here to understand what could go wrong with your phone. Also, find ways to set your APN with TruConnect.
What are the APN settings for TruConnect?
The TruConnect APN settings on iOS and Android can be set in the following ways;
For iPhone, use this process;
- Go to the Settings tab and head to Cellular and then to the Cellular Data Network.
- Add the APN settings under the APN and LTE settings.
- APN: wap.truconnect.com
- Provide username as guest
- Add guest as password
For Android smartphones, use the following process;
- Go to Settings, head onto connections tab and then proceed to the mobile networks. Head onto the Access Point Names and then get a new access point name.
- You can find the Settings under Wireless and Internet.
- Add the following settings s given below;
- Add name as Truconnect
- APN: wap.trueconnect.com
- Add guest to the username and password columns.
- Leave the other fields blank and scroll to the MCC and MNC tabs
- Go down to MCC and add 310
- In MLC add 410
- In APN type add default, mms, supl
- APN protocol choose IPv4/IPv4
TruConnect internet not working… How to Fix?
There are several reasons why TruConnect internet might not be working.
- If there are any connectivity issues, find out more about the internet connectivity during the outage.
- Your carrier settings, when outdated, can get you into trouble. If your phone does not have carrier services, you may need to connect to mobile data for the internet.
- A faulty SIM card could be the issue, and you might need to deal with it. Move your SIM to other sources and also change your SIM if the error continues.
- If you have used the wrong or erroneous APN settings, it might be difficult to connect.
- Manually choose TruConnect as your carrier. Choose TruConnect from the carrier list.
- Choose 4G as your network mode.
- Select the latest carrier settings on your phone.
- Also, activate your data roaming settings.
- Next, reset your phone’s network settings and change the APN settings for TruConnect.
Also Read: What Phones Are Compatible with TruConnect?
What towers does TruConnect use?
TruConnect uses the Sprint network and can help provide low cost mobile internet service. They also use T-Mobile’s network. Sprint is available in 97% of the United States and is backed by Telscape.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Does TruConnect gives free data?
TruConnect will give you free data, a free phone, and high speed data. If you wish to get it, you must enrol yourself in one of the two government programs, like Lifeline or the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Does TruConnect have a hotspot?
If you want to get a prepaid hotspot, you will need to take out a hotspot plan. Those who are eligible for the ACP plan will get a free mobile hotspot or hotspot enabled phone.
Does TruConnect have unlimited data?
You can get unlimited data if you connect to any of the 5 million hotspot locations. Unlimited data is promised to everyone with the ACP and Lifeline plans.
If you wish to use the TruConnect mobile, learning more about the details is essential to understanding and using the process. When you want information around APN settings and if your system is not working, you can refer to this article to find out more.